Listen to the first episode:
In the first episode, we break major news about a landmark circumcision lawsuit with legal expert Peter Adler, whose work explores whether or not circumcision is legal or a fraud.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- [0:59] Major papers published by Peter that talk about circumcision being a fraud and illegal
- [3:26] How Peter began writing papers and the case he makes in articles regarding circumcision
- [4:00] The sales and persuasion tactics that doctors use to pitch the idea of circumcision to parents
- [12:56] Role of the American Academy of Pediatrics in making doctors pitch the idea of circumcision
- [14:00] Is circumcision legal or not?
- [21:36] How to change the conversation about circumcision from an intellectual view to a legal one and the challenges involved in change
- [28:40] The degree of a botched circumcision that could be considered for prosecution
- [30:57] Reaction of people towards the papers published by Peter about circumcision
- [32:13] Reaction of fellow legal scholars towards the papers
- [35:40] Plans to bring more suits and botched cases
- [37:55] Success in proving circumcision and guidelines offered by the American Academy of Pediatrics as a fraud
- [42:30] Chances of the success of the case and how people could support it
- [45:20] Expected response from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Is Circumcision Legal?
- Is Circumcision a Fraud?
- Is it lawful to use Medicaid to pay for circumcision?
- Circumcision is Unethical and Unlawful
- Circumcision as Child Abuse by William E. Brigman
- Circumcision and the American Academy of Paediatrics by M.R. Giannetti
- Lavine vs. AAP Lawsuit
- Subscribe and support the show directly:
- Show RSS feed: