In this episode, I talk to two members of Foregen, an organization dedicated to regenerating the human foreskin.
Tyler Drzod, Chief Operation Officer, and Eric Cunningham, Chief Science Officer, give an in-depth explanation of the science of regeneration, the structure of Foregen, and the possibilities for the future.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- [1:03] Explaining Foregen to new people
- [2:15] How does Foregen plan to regenerate the human foreskin?
- [5:50] How Foregen acquires foreskin scaffolding and foreskin they can de cellularize
- [7:45] Attaching the foreskin scaffolding to a human being
- [9:45] What kind of experimentation is needed?
- [11:10] Previous reconstruction of the entire penile shaft
- [12:25] Previous breakthroughs in regeneration technology
- [14:20] Who are the experts at Foregen?
- [19:50] What is the financial/business structure of Foregen?
- [24:25] How much money will it take to achieve the goals of Foregen?
- [26:00] Who funds Foregen? What are the motivations of backers?
- [27:45] Why large biotech and medical companies avoid moving into the foreskin regeneration space despite clear market interest.
- [28:35] The advantage Foregen has over other companies
- [30:20] How Foregen brings in scientific experts
- [32:00] Does Foregen have a political stance on the issue of circumcision?
- [33:50] Why more research is needed on the nerve endings of the foreskin
- [35:00] Foregen’s plans to conduct research
- [37:30] How new technology can facilitate better studies on the foreskin
- [39:15] The phantom limb phenomenon in circumcised men
- [40:45] The technology exists to bring full function and feeling to somebody with damaged genitals
- [41:10] How to support Foregen’s work
Research Mentioned (there is a lot):
- Rengeration of Vagina
- Regeneration of the entire human epidermis using transgenic stem cells
- Phantom Limb Article
- Second Phantom Limb Article
- 20,000 Nerve Ending Myth
- Penile Skin Reconstruction 1
- Penile Skin Reconstruction 2
- Penile Skin Reconstruction 3
- Tooth regeneration
- Bondioli’s Patent
- Foregen’s 2018 paper
- Pelvic Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Hernia Repair
- Abdominal Wall Defects
- Rotator Cuff Repair 1
- Rotator Cuff Repair 2
- Full-Thickness Skin Wounds 1
- Full-Thickness Skin Wounds 2
- Development of Method
- Subscribe and support the show directly:
- Show RSS feed: